Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Mother

It is such a phenomenon to me that the way I looked at women that were my age now when I was a teenager was appalling. How could I have been so out of touch? My lack of interest in what older women thought or felt continued way into my twenties.

When I think of my mother now I have to take a deep breath. To know that she was my age when I looked at her as an old woman that could not possibly understand me! I know it is awful and I know now that it simply is not true.

Women all share the same condition, from infancy on we are part of a unique sisterhood. Being a woman of maturity does not mean that I do not have the same desires and want the same things for myself I wanted when I was in my twenties, of course those dreams and desires are peppered with caution and a bit of skepticism but they are still very much present.

The desire to be attractive is still omnipresent each day. To feel well and loved never goes away. Aging has nothing to do with how you feel on the inside. I hope my daughters don't view me as an old woman that is lacking a desire to live life to the fullest and be healthy while I am doing it! I go here: Be Your Healthiest You! Sibu Whole Food Nutrition Special Discounts Available to help me to keep it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment